Friday 11 February 2011

Photographic Restoration: Rugby League Team, 1955

Restoring a damaged old photograph can be a very demanding and time-consuming job but photographs hold many treasured memories and it is well worth the effort to bring them back to life. Quite often they are creased, torn and discoloured, like the one below which I've been asked to restore, and more often than not there are significant pieces missing. I thought it would be interesting to show you what the image was like before I started work on it and I'll post the result when I finish it, which will probably be sometime in 2024, judging by the state of the original!
Click on the image if you'd like a closer look.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE FINISHED PHOTO



In true Blue Peter style, here's one I prepared earlier. This 'before' & 'after' pictures of a Bradford mill owner and his family taken on 12th July 1878 which I restored for one of their descendants a couple of years ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment