Saturday 17 August 2013

Merewood Country House Hotel Wedding | Eleanor & Ioan

Ceremony & reception: Merewood Country House Hotel, Windermere, Cumbria

Fantastic venue, great couple - shame about the weather. Still, all that water in those lakes came from somewhere, didn't it? 

Once again, I was on second-shooter duties with Gav Harrison, so I spent the morning with Ioan (who apparently doesn't look like Harry Potter) and the lads while they got ready (after getting slightly soaked wandering around outside for the venue shots).

We prayed hard all day for a break in the weather. It would be such a shame to come to the Lake District and not be able to get some lakeside shots. We did the big groups in the hotel reception area because it was belting down outside and the forecast for the rest of the day was for more of the same. But, wouldn't you know it, just before dusk, the clouds parted and it stopped raining. We jumped in a couple of cars and headed straight down to Lake Windermere with Eleanor & Ioan. Unfortunately, I had to leave my cameras back at the hotel so I could concentrate on getting the lighting & posing right for Gav's shots so I wasn't able to get any of my own but it was worth it in the end. We got some fantastic shots of the two of them on a small jetty with the lake and a dramatic stormy sky behind. There can't be many more picturesque places to get married, can there?

Congratulations to Eleanor & Ioan. I hope you enjoyed your special day as much as I did!

Click here to see another wedding at Merewood Country House Hotel



















































No comments:

Post a Comment