Saturday 22 April 2017

Woodlands Hotel Wedding | Sam & Rob

Bride's Preparations: Salon Exceed, Clayton Heights, Bradford & Parents' Home, Queensbury
Groom's Preparations: At Home, Queensbury
Ceremony: St Matthew's Church, Lightcliffe, Halifax
Reception: Woodlands Hotel, Gildersome, Leeds

I've known Sam for several years and I was really chuffed when she asked me to photograph her and Rob's wedding. I was particularly pleased because the reception was being held at Woodlands, one of my favourite venues. As you can see, both Sam and Rob spent all day smiling and everyone had a fantastic time. I particularly like the 'Nosferatu' shot (you'll know which one I mean) which was actually a test shot to get my settings right. It makes me laugh every time I see it. You could never set a shot like that up.
The woodlands, from which the hotel obviously gets its name are at their best in spring so we had plenty of options there and thankfully the weather was glorious.
Rob requested the heart shaped group shot, the old romantic. It was a bit like herding cats, trying to set it up, but we got there in the end.
Congratulations to Sam & Rob and thank you so much for letting me share your special day.

















































































No comments:

Post a Comment