Monday 14 February 2011

King's Croft Wedding: Siobhan & Ian

Ceremony: St Joseph's RC Church, Castleford
Reception: The King's Croft, Pontefract, West Yorkshire

Well, here we go again! The first wedding of the year and I was as nervous as I had been at my very first one. I needn't have worried. Despite feeling decidely rusty, I soon got back into the swing of things, mainly thanks to Ian and the lads who were a great laugh, although I did struggle with the Northern Irish accents a wee bit, so I did!

A word of advice for anyone wanting to get married in a Roman Catholic church - You won't find anywhere better than St Joseph's in Castleford. To be honest, it's a fairly anonymous building from outside but it's beautiful inside with loads of amazing stained glass windows and the priest is really nice. No restrictions whatsoever on photos (C of E vicars take note) and he was determined that Siobhan & Ian should have the perfect day (even though he made it clear that he'd have preferred it to have been a different day so he could have watched the Man Utd - Man City match on TV!).

Ian and Sioban are both Army Air Corps helicopter technicians and Ian looked the business in his No 1 dress uniform. Siobhan oped for a white dress (and a huge winter cloak, which turned out to be a very good idea)!

Unfortunately, the grass at King's Croft was too muddy to allow us to use some of the features for photos so we had to improvise a bit. It all worked out in the end and we ended up with some belting shots.

The day was rounded off in perfect style with a hog-roast.You can't beat a pig sarnie and a piece of crackling the shape (and size) of West Yorkshire, or as a wise man said on the night: "It's time for swine!"

Congratulations to a wonderful couple and thanks for a most enjoyable day!



Below: Easily one of my favourite ever Groom's prep shots (and I've taken a few in my time!).
 Great expressions and positioning and my decision to move the flash off the camera onto a
side bracket has paid off with some really nice lighting.
Even the footy match on the television adds to the atmosphere!



Below: This was a lovely spontaneous moment in the bar just before we set off for the church.
Of course, if I'd posed it, I'd have placed the groom in the middle with the lads around him
but I didn't want to interrupt and spoil the moment.


















No comments:

Post a Comment